Image Map

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

St. Louis Zoo

Warning:  Picture Overload!!!

Monday morning on our way to Cobblestone we went to the St. Louis Zoo.  I had been wanting to go to this zoo for a while, but wanted to take Gavin.  I'm sure we'll get a chance to go again at another time when I can take him.  This is a big zoo, but I was able to make it through it without being completely wore out!  However later I learned we missed a new water exhibit so I can't wait to go back! 

I also got a new smashed penny from the zoo, but I guess I didn't take any pics of it :(



I don't know if I've ever seen turtles this big!
\




The baby zebra was so cute!  I can't remember when she was born, but it was earlier this year.







I've never seen this before!  He was eating the leaves off of the trees!



The giraffes at the zoo are always my fave!  We almost missed this exhibit.  I was bummed that they wouldn't come closer though!





The gorillas, apes and orangutan's at the Louisville Zoo were awesome, but the ones here at the St. Louis Zoo were fuddyduds and just laid there like the one below!


These flamingo's were fighting and making an awful noise!



These black bears were amazing looking! 
Hoping I get to experience seeing them in Gatlinburg this fall!



The butterfly house was really neat.  We were just walking around and all of these butterflies were just flying around us.  One of them even landed on the end of my camera when I was trying to take a picture!


I never realized how ginormous the hippopotamus's were!  At the first part of the exhibit, all you could really see where their heads out of the water.  Then we rounded the corner and there was an underwater tank filled with fish and you could see the bodies of the hippos.  They are HUGE!






This new baby elephant Priya was so stinkin' cute!  You can read more about her here.
I could of stood here all day watching them and taking pictures!






We were at the exit of the zoo and had bought the zoo train tickets so we decided to hop on an ride the zoo around the train one time.  What perfect timing because it started pouring down raining as soon as we got on the train!  Thank you Jesus for your blessing just then!






As we were leaving the zoo, a crazy storm brewed up and I had to drive through all the rain on our way to Cobblestone!  What a mess!


No comments: