Image Map

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Geocaching finds!

Me and Bethie did a little Geocaching this weekend.  We went Friday after swimming to try and find a few in the Rockport Park.  We found the first one really fast and we actually saw it upon driving up on it.  Then we headed to the second one and my phone died. :(  So that was the extent of hunting on Friday.

Sunday when I brought Gavin home, we went again for about an hour or so.  We didn't get much done though because my phone wouldn't pick up a good signal since it's roaming off of all the cell phone towers.  We did find one that we attempted to get on Friday before my phone battery died.  The link and picture below shows the description and the location of the find :) 
 


We tried a few more that we couldn't find.  My phone kept messing up and it was getting late so we called it a night.  I dropped her off and headed back home.  On my way home, I did stop in at the Chuckles gas station to get a soda.  I remembered there was one there called "Quiz Nose".  So after getting my soda, I pulled it up and drove around the building and saw it upon arrival.  I was stoked!  It was my first find solo :)
 


I headed home after that and pulled a few more up on the way home but didn't stop at any.  Then I turned on the highway by Aloca and remembered there was one at the USWA building.  There was no one there so I decided I'd go for it.  The coordinates took me to a light pole.  I searched all around that thing and still couldn't find it.  I lifted up the base of the light pole where it sat on the concrete and sure enough, there it was.  It was a nano log, meaning super small.  The log was the tiny green piece of paper.  Definitely small!  LOL!
 
 


No comments: