Image Map

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Surgery from H3LL!

Back in October I had a Uterine Fibroid Embolization procedure done.  The surgery from h3ll!  Another roadblock in our journey of TTC!  Dr. Gentry seems to think that fibroid was in the way and instead of having surgery again, he opted to do UFE.  That procedure was 10 times worse than my abdominal surgery a few years ago to remove fibroids.  Instead of re-telling the story, I've copied my timeline of the surgery and days following the surgery from our TTC page of my blog.
 




9.5.12 - Bea with Dr. G's office called and said they are setting up my artery embolization (UAE/UFE) procedure and she will call me back with the details as soon as they have everything.

10.3.12 - Day of my UAE or UFE. Had to be at hospital at 7:00 a.m., procedure at 8:30 a.m. Procedure went fine. Recovery was hell! Lots of pain, nausea, vomiting, fever/chills, no appetite, no rest.

10.4.12 - Day one post-op - feeling somewhat better. Able to eat a little. Pain isn't as bed. Released from hospital at 1:00 p.m. Still not able to get comfortable to get any rest.

10.5.12 - Day two post-op - Shawn had to work today so I had him pick up my mom; I'm glad. I was miserable. Lots of pain, nausea, cramping, chills, fever, flu-like symptoms, constipated and bad back/hip pain from that, no appetite, not able to get comfortable to rest, used a heating pad alot. Called Dr. Gentry's office and was told to take Miralax and some Colace stool softeners; if no relief by Sunday to call back.

10.6.12 - Day three post-op - Mild cramping, constipated and lots of back/hip pain. FINALLY able to go to the bathroom some. More of an appetite, chasing Colace stool softeners with apple cider/Miralax cocktails.

10.7.12 - Day four post-op - Went to church this morning, then to take mom home. Completely wore out. Still constipated and uncomfortable from that, but having some small BM's. Noticed more abdominal pain today. Appetite back to normal, chasing Colace stool softeners with apple cider/miralax cocktails.

10.8.12 - Day five post-op - Didn't go to work today like scheduled. Finally able to rest and wanted to spend an entire day resting before getting back into things full throttle. Small BM's, still taking Colace stool softeners tho, abdominal cramps and discomfort, still using a heating pad, woke up with a cough, sore throat and achy ears (I know this is from Shawn - he caught something from the hospital!)

10.9.12 - Day six post-op - Feeling much better from my procedure; went to work all day today. Noticed when I'm up walking around alot or climbing stairs, the upper part of my right thigh gets really tired and achy. I've got some aches on my lower hips (not sure about this). I've been having BM's so that's good. On the other hand, I think I've got a sinus infection/bronchitis. I felt bad all day, with deep, pghlemy coughs, hot, tired and just achy.

10.10.12 - Day seven post-op - Surgery wise, I'm doing better. Went to my family doctor today and I have a sinus infection. He said it's from having a weak immune system right now, and the fact that there is alot of crud going around.

10.29.12 - Met with Dr. G for a post-op appt. Wants to see me back in 3 months to do an SIS u/s.

No comments: